Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sending hugs

Sympathy cards are such difficult cards to make, but a close friend recently lost a family member, and I wanted to make her and her mom cards to send my condolences.

I paired the flower from the Shine Brighter stamp set by Concord & 9th with a sentiment from Neat & Tangled's Better Together stamp...

Sending Hugs

I stamped and masked the flower to create a bundle, added the leaves and colored using Copic markers. I kept the card very simple by embossing the card base and adding a small strip of patterned paper.

The second card I made for my friend's mom...

Sympathy

I used a background cling stamp I had hiding in my stash by Hero Arts, Flowing flowers and Leaves (sorry I can't find it available). I stamped it in white pigment ink (Hero Arts, Unicorn),  and using fantastix coloring tools with other pigment inks (Memento Luxe: Love Letter, Pear Tart, ) I colored on top of the white flowers and leaves. I stamped the  'sympathy' using another set from Concord & 9th- Sophisticated Script, I love this set- it makes it easy to look like I wrote calligraphy!

Thanks for stopping by.. I'll be back tomorrow with another card to share!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful florals! Love them both, but those peonies are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!