Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Magical Dragons

(Second card for the day... please scroll down for my first!)

So I stayed up late last night working on this card with an idea that popped into my head... using the sketch from MFT Card Challenges



Edited and ready for my blog... only to start my post and realize I missed the deadline to enter! *insert face palm here* LOL!

BUT it's a good thing that I used the swatch from current Color Challenge too!



I don't have the exact colors, but used the closest matches in my stash. I used the super adorable Magical Dragons. I HAD to have them when I saw them in the newest release- ADORABLE! (& I have a bit of a soft spot for dragons since my son was born in the Year of the Dragon in the Chinese zodiac!)

Magical Dragon

I masked the little dragon to look like he's catching a ride on the back of the larger flying dragon! These guys were so much fun to color too- I did my best to give them a 'scaly' look! I finished it off by masking both of the dragons and stamping the small and large puffs of smoke in the set to look like clouds (and giving them a solid covering of glitter with my Spectrum Noir sparkle pen)!

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. Totally adorable! I love these dragons, I even bought them! I need to get them out! LOVE how you colored them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!