Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Rock 'N Roll!!

Hello!

A few days ago Sandy Allnock was on Periscope and announced this AWESOME challenge...



#CRAFTCHELLA2016!
It's inspired by the Coachella music & art festival that is going on right now in California.

The idea behind the challenge is to create a music inspired card... but with a twist- stretch your stamps to use them in a musical way!

It took me a few days to come up with an idea... but I decided to use a few new stamps that I haven't inked up yet! I thought the girl from Avery Elle's Skating By looked like a punk rocker, minus the roller skates (although, she could probably rock with the skates too!)

Rock 'N Roll!

Can you spot the other stamps I used??
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The guitar is actually one of the birds from WPlus9's Happy Birds!  Who would have thought the first time I'd use a bird- it'd be as a guitar! LOL!  The sentiment is also pieced together with stamps from Lawn Fawn- 'I like the way you... roll' is from Let's Roll (a sushi set!), 'r-o-c-k' and the letter 'n' are from the letter sets quinn's abcs and Claire's ABCs!

I colored the images with copics and added a layer of sparkle using a Spectrum Noir sparkle pen in clear to anything I could- you're not a rock star without some glitter, right?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! A bird stamp as the guitar! Very clever and cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever! A bird as guitar? Too smart and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the colors you used most. Very 1980 Jem. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!