Tuesday, October 13, 2015

50th Anniversary!

Hello there!

I'm finally back after having my husband's family in town last week to celebrate my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary!  (which actually isn't until December, but it was best time for everyone to travel)

Anyway, I helped with the party decor by making some centerpieces for a few of the tables. I painted some small terra cotta pots gold, and planted succulents in them! (Have I mentioned that I love succulents?)


I finished them off with die cut tags (Hero Arts) and number dies (MFT) tied on some black twine.

and of course I had to make them a card too...
50th Anniversary

Keeping with the gold and black theme, I stamped the large flower from Avery Elle's Petals & Stems in gold and embossed. I used the 'happy' cutaways die from Winnie & Walter along with the anniversary sentiment from the Big, Bold & the Happy, and created a 'shadow' effect my layering the same die cut from black card stock. I tied in the same 50 number dies from the centerpieces in gold glitter card stock.

Hope to get to more crafting this week, but I have been coloring along (when I can) with Kathy Racoosin's newest 30 day coloring challenge and posting onto Instagram- check it out if you're not already joining in! Such an easy to squeeze in a bit of craftiness, even if it's not a complete card!

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I love how you decorated these plants. I think I am liking succulents too. Will check my local flower shop. They are so unique and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the sparkle and the gold!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!