Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Whole Lot of One-layered-ness

Hi ya! Back at it again today with another card to share!

After doing some blog surfing, I found that Hero Arts, & A Blog Named Hero were both having a one-layer challenge I couldn't help but to play along!  I had this idea pop into my head and just couldn't let it go.. so after much trial and error (like x3 maybe more...) I came up with this final product that I'm very happy with!

Fun, Floral, & 1 layer

I first stamped the sentiment, used a post-it to mask off a circle, and inked & lightly water misted this Everything Flower stamp from Hero Arts with some bright bold distress inks (Picked Raspberry, Dusty Concord, Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers) onto heavy cardstock (110lb.) Attached my stencil and layered on a thin coat of white embossing paste, sprinkled with some frosted white embossing powder and let dry... then heat set! & Finally finished off with my favorite faux stitching and flower sequins!

I'm also entering this into the embossing challenge over at Simon Says Stamp!

Thanks for stopping by! Would love to know what you think of my card! :)

Until tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. I really love the texture/dimension from the paste layer over the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! LOVE the technique that you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how glorious is this, Lysa! The embossed stenciled details give your design such a pizzazz! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Lysa, a fabulous design gorgeous colours background with the beautifully embossed over!!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a fabulous card ! I love how you have layered it.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!