Monday, May 19, 2014

Washi Macarons!

One more card to squeeze in for the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol contest!

A few weeks ago I had seen this magazine ad for Waverly fabrics and it stuck with me...



and it gave me the perfect idea for my card, and another reason to play with my new (& first!) Avery Elle stamp set- Bonjour! I've been a little obsessed with macarons lately.  My sister, nieces & I made them for the first time a few weeks ago & they were tasty! Definitely going to make them again!

I paper pieced (well sort of- since the washi tape is translucent I stamped the macaron image on card stock, cut it out, placed the washi tape over the image and trimmed the extra- instead of stamping on the washi tape itself.) the macarons and stacked them and added a flag with the a sentiment from the same stamp set.

Washi Macarons

Hope that give you a SWEET start to a Monday morning! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!