Sunday, February 22, 2009

Let's be friends!

It was friendship week this week over on the Hero Arts blog, I couldn't help but to play along! I am just loving my Copic markers and have been using them on everything I've been making lately- still trying to get the hang of them!

What's a friendship cards with out the cute dolls? I couldn't resist using these two on a card together:

Supplies: Four Dolls; Thoughtful Messages (Hero Arts), Floral Screen & Bloom Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug-Provocraft), Making Memories patterned paper, gems, Copics

I also wanted to do something along the "pretty" line instead of just cutesy ones, here I used my markers to color directly on the stamp, then without re-coloring, offset the stamp just a slight bit to create the shadow look- you can see it in the close up picture.


Supplies: CardArt Happy Wishes; Tree, Bird & Messages (Hero Arts), Textile embossing folder (Cuttlebug-Provocraft), Making Memories patterned paper, gems, Copics

Another one using some pretty flowers! I wanted to incorporate the embossing folder as more than just the background on this one. I gave the flowers some extra dimension with pop-dots and also rolled some glue dots up under the wings of the butterfly to give them a rounded look too:


Supplies: Thoughtful Messages (Hero Arts), Square scallop nestabilities (Spellbinders), Stylized Flowers embossing folder (Cuttlebug-Provocraft), pearls, Copics, Stickles

And finally, this isn't for any challenge- I was just digging around in my ever-growing stash of stamps where I more often-than-not forget I have certain ones! I'm sure I picked this one up on sale at some point- these 2 bunnies were just dying to be inked! So going along with the friendship theme, I made this!

Supplies: Daisy Bunnies (Penny Black), Whoo Loves You? (Hero Arts), Stickles, buttons, Copics

Thanks for stopping by & hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Lysa! Very nice cards! I really like the one where you used the flowers from the Thoughtful Messages set with the Cuttlebug texture! It turned out fabulously! And those bunnies are sooooo cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Cards Lysa...i think your doing really good with your copics...the more you use them the better it will get!
    Love all the Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!