Sunday, January 11, 2009

Asian Dolls

Back again one more time before the weekend is over! My most awesome sister bought me the new Hero Arts "Four Dolls" set and I couldn't wait to use them! It gave me another opportunity to practice with my copics and have two more cards for the layers challenge.

This first card is similar to the tent topper from my previous post. I wanted to stamp all four girls together, so that layer is centered on the 4.25" square card to make it 5.5" wide and still fit in a regular envelope:

Supplies: Four Dolls (Hero Arts), Glossy Accents (Inkssentials-Ranger), gems, buttons, pearls

Here is a closer look at each one of the girls :)


This other card idea came to me today, and I'm very pleased with how it came out! The characters in each one of the circle collectively say "Gung Hay Fat Choy" or Happy New Year in Chinese. With Chinese New Year coming up in a few weeks I thought it was only fitting to incorporate this stamp to celebrate!

Supplies: Four Dolls (Hero Arts); Gung Hay Fat Choy (Design in Squares), gems, buttons, pearls, string

Thanks for stopping by- & until next time, Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic cards. Love the Happy New Year card with the saying. Wonderful colors on both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lysa,
    LOVE those Chinese Dolls and the Chinese New Year greeting. I'm curious how you find the "Gong-Hey-Fat-Choy" letters. They are not HA stamps, right? I live in Waterloo, Ontario Canada. So the source might be differnt from yours...neverthless,I'd love to have a set like that. Your cards and the blog are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are simply amazing. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for all the nice comments! Virginia, not sure if you are checking back here for an answer- I don't have any other way to contact you :( The "Gong Hay Fat Choy" is actually one stamp that I stamped each character separately. I purchased when visiting my sister in the San Jose area in CA, in one of her local stamp stores. The maker of the stamp is Design in Squares if that helps you search for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!