Sunday, November 16, 2008

TECC #42

What a better way to end the weekend (already!?!?) than with another sketch challenge from Taylor's Cupcake Challenge! Over the weekend I found myself in the midst of a new-to-me scrapbooking and stamp store called Scrapbooks, Etc! Oh what a great store- I could have spent all day in there.. aisles and aisles of patterned paper, supplies, tools- and even more racks of Bazzill Basics Paper cardstock! I found some patterned paper that was just perfect for the challenge.. I used it for the background, but enough rambling-

Here is the sketch, and my card:

Supplies: ClearDesign Cupcakes (Hero Arts), Square Scallop dies (Spellbinders - Nestabilities), Patterned papers are Lasting Impressions (Cupcake Dream) & Die Cuts With a View.

I also participated in the Hero Arts challenge last week, Shari Carroll was the blogger of the week and she shared different inking techniques. For this card, I colored on the stamp with markers and spritzed it with water before stamping it on watercolor paper. I have yet to win a challenge so hopefully this will win me one!

Supplies: CardArt Decorative Birds (Hero Arts); Thank You sentiment from Upsy Daisy set (Stampin' Up!)

Hope you all had a great weekend- and until the next post, Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Love the cupcake card, Lysa! Your HA entry is beautiful...I have to try that technique sometime! Hope you win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of these, but the birds is my favorite - love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the background paper with all the cupcake flavors on it! Thanks for playing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card! Makes me want to drink some coffee & eat a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some blog ♥!